14 Jun 2016, Posted by Master of Chaos in Blog, No Comments.
Your friends at Steamboat Powdercats are back at it, hosting another Argentina powder adventure this coming August 27 – September 3. If you are still craving face shots, love adventure travel and earning your turns then we’d love to have you and members of your crew come travel with us later this summer.
For this 2016 version, SPC’s Director Eric Deering and Master of Chaos Kent Vertrees are looking to cater an experience to guests who fit SPC’s ability Level III skill set. To pull this tour off, we need a minimum of 5 super-charged guests. If you are not of the Level III skill set and/or have limited touring experience, but wish to learn more and come down to Argentina this season anyway, please contact us because we have options for you and can help arrange lodging/life tickets and guides during this same timeframe.
You may remember that we ran one of these hosted tours to Argentina in 2013 so we are looking to do a very similar program for this upcoming session. We areagain partnering with SASS Global Travel who is helping arrange logistics for us both before and during the trip. We will be lodging in the village area at Cerro Catedral ski resort in the Base 41 Apartments
- 7 Nights lodging at the Base 41 Apartments based on 2ppl per room (own bed!) and 4ppl per apartment
- Lodging is from August 27 – September 2 with travelling home on the 3rd of September
- 3 out of 7 day lift tickets to Cerro Catedral, along with daily guide services from SPC and SASS guides
- 1 day snowcat skiing and riding at Baguales Mountain Reserve
- All photography/images complimentary from Kent Vertrees and Eric Deering
- Backcountry equipment (Beacon, Shovel, Probe)
- 2 dinners – welcome dinner at Cerveceria Gilbert and traditional BBQ dinner with gang (BYOB)
- Continental style breakfasts: coffee, yogurt, bread, etc….
- Airport transfers
How much will this cost?
Base price is $2990. Upgrade to your own room for an additional $800 or your own apartment for $1400.
What’s not included?
- Airfare – we are estimating around $1425.00 pp for round trip from Denver International Airport. Arrival is on August 27th and departure is September 3, 2016.
- We suggest travel insurance which is running around $100 for the trip. This can include air evac/heli rescue. We’ll help dial this in as we get closer to trip.
- Lunches – we estimate about $10/lunch and there will be 6 lunches during our stay.
- Dinners – again 2 dinners are included (BYOB), so we will be arranging the 5 other dinners either together as a group or on your own. We are estimating $20-30 for dinner which includes beer/wine.
- Other activities on flex days – remember we have 2 days open on this trip with nothing scheduled. We can use these days to ski/ride more ($45/day) if Mother Nature is hooking us up or we can take a number of field trips around the surrounding countryside to get more culture/off snow experiences whilst we are down there.
- Incidentals – share of taxi’s, gratuities, extended nightlife, souvenirs, gluttony, etc.
We think this trip will be all in for around $5,000/person depending on your lodging choices.
We have chosen the destination at Cerro Catedral for several reasons. Not only does Cerro Catedral have some of the best lift accessed backcountry terrain in South America (think big mountain lines and alpine zones within a 30 min to 1 hour tour from lift), it also has a reliable snowpack, tree skiing/riding during storm cycles, and the city of Bariloche, Argentina providing us with excellent options for off mountain dining, adventure and experiences beyond just the skiing and riding.
Top image of Ben Girardi, courtesy SASS Global Travel, other images from our 2013 Argentina trip.