Rates – How much for a day of cat skiing?
- December 13 – 31: $375/day/guest or $3750/private cat
- January $450/day/guest and $4500/private cat
- February $475/day/guest and $4750/private cat
- March (we close March 29th): $450/day/guest and $4500/private cat
(Only 1 credit card can be used for the private cat or group bookings)
Alpenglow Cat Ski Tours are for private cats only from February 1st till the end of the season. Add an extra hour onto your cat trip for $1000 extra. Add the hour plus and apre ski party at our cabin for $1450. Add the extra hour plus a full dinner at our mid-mountain cabin for $3000.
Moonlight skiing/snowboarding dinner tours are $3000/cat. These are run as private cats only during the 3 days surrounding the full moon.
Avalanche course is $325/student/course.
- We guarantee 8 runs. Typically we get in 10-14 runs which equates to between 8 and 12,000 vertical feet. If we do not get out minimum 8 run guarantee, we apologize in advance and will either credit you or refund monies based on how many runs you received during your day, not matter the vertical. This guarantee is only in case of snowcat breakdowns or if the guides determine the snow is to dangerous to continue the tour.
- Armada powder skis for alpine and tele as well as powder specific Never Summer snowboards. If you have your own ski’s or snowboards that is fine, bring them along or try ours, no worries. There is no discount if you have your own gear.
- We have an assortment of ski poles with larger powder baskets for you to use.
- We provide all the backcountry safety equipment for you during your visit: BCA Tracker beacons, shovel and probe.
- There will always be 3 guides with you during the tour: Lead guide, tail guide and a guide driving the snowcat.
- Food is included: Continental breakfast of bagels, muffins, danishes, coffee, tea, juices and fruit; Lunch. Level I and II tours we will stop at our mid-mountain cabin for a hot lunch catered by the Steamboat Meat and Seafood company. This sit down meal includes: Soup , entree, desert. If you come on our Level III tour, we have a sack lunch provided by Backcountry Provisions. The reason for this is that due to logistics and distance from the cabin, our expert tour is nowhere near the cabin. All tours get the same amount of skiing during the day no matter what level you are on.
- Van service to and from your lodging to our office and the pass. The trip is from 7:30 am till 5:00 pm and we run most every day from early December till early April.
- Finally, we provide a disk of complimentary images like those you see on this website for you at the end of the tour. We have a staff photographer that rides along on each tour for a couple runs and tells the story of your trip. We do have helmet cameras for rent and can provide full length video service but these options are not included in the daily rate. Please bring your own cameras on the tour if for some reason our staff photographer cannot attend the trip or the camera fails for some reason.
Does this sound like a deal? Comparing costs for a day with us to a day at a ski area would be: lift tickets at ski area are between $70-100+ dollars depending on how many days you purchase, an additional $50 per day for the First Tracks program that gets you up to ski fresh for 2-3 runs prior to anyone else, powder ski rentals are $30, avalanche beacon $15, coffee and breakfast can be $10, lunch is $15-20 and an image disk full of images from your day is priceless.
Discounting is not an option here at Steamboat Powdercats so there are no last minute favors. The only discounts we do are the private cat discount and our frequent guest program. We hope you understand.
We do have a Frequent Guest Program where after your 5th trip (private cat trips do not count), your 6th trip if FREE! These days carry over year to year as well so if you come once one year, twice the next then skip a year and follow it up with 2 more, the next trip is on us.
You will have to call us to place a reservation as we like to discuss with each and every one of you (returning guests as well) our policies and ability levels and details prior to the 50% non-refundable deposit. There are many times when we are in the snow, on the hill or out, and you’ll have to leave a message. We will do our best to return your call by the end of the day. If we cannot, we will connect soon and we appreciate your patience. We do not have capacity to place reservations on this website.
Call us at 800.288.0543 or locally at 970.879.5188. email us at email@example.com if need be.
At the time of booking we require a 50% non refundable deposit. Final payment is taken 72-hours prior to your trip. You do not need to call us to place the final payment. Unless told otherwise, we will just place the final payment on the credit card you put the initial deposit on. If you cancel your reservation outside of 72-hours you will forfeit the 50% deposit. If you cancel within 72-hours, you will lose the entire trip cost.
Due to this strict policy, we urge you to purchase activity insurance, available for 10% of the activity cost. This insurance protects the investment you have made into your powder skiing adventure. Our activity insurance is good for all reasons except for Mother Nature, up to 72-hours prior to your trip. Within 72-hours, this insurance will only allow you to cancel for a medical emergency. A doctor’s note will be required for all medical emergencies.
At the time of booking, we give you 24-hours to think about and to pick up the insurance. You will have the opportunity to read about this in the email confirmation that our reservation system will automatically send you. If you wish to pick up the insurance just email us back via that email confirmation. Once again, you can only pick up the insurance within 24-hrs of making the reservation.
Please understand our strict cancellation policy and respect our mutual commitment. We are reserving seats on our snowcats for you and your group; thus we are now turning away potential guests on, and you are coming on this selected day.
Your trip is 100% transferable. If you have to cancel and can find someone else who will just pay you the monies owed, we will allow for this as long as your replacement comes on the day of your reservation and in that ability level that we placed you into. If we have to refund and then take a new payment, we will do this for a 10% cancellation/transaction fee.
Please do us all a favor and make sure you review the email confirmation that our system will generate and send to you. Double check the date, number of guests and ability level of the day as well as all of our policies and the activity insurance information.
There is no way that you can move forward in a reservation with Steamboat Powdercats and not hear us talk about these policies. So, it should come as no shock to you, when you call us to cancel your trip, that our strict cancellation policies will play into non-refundable payments and you or your group will not be getting refunded or credited any amount of money in return.
Over the years we have worked with tens of thousands of guests and we hope you understand our policies and respect the non-refundable deposit and final payment. If it wasn’t for these policies, our operation would be unable to thrive year after year after year year after year.
Finally, if for some reason we have to cancel due to lack of snow or mechanical failure before or during your day with us, then we will refund you monies minus a 5% administration fee.