06 Jan 2012, Posted by Master of Chaos in Blog, No Comments.
Our scenic snowcat tour is designed for those guests who wish to take a comfortable ride into the Routt National Forest in one of our luxury snowcats and have either lunch or dinner at our cozy, mid-mountain cabin. It is perfect for families, groups and individuals who wish to see a part of Steamboat that they may never see. This tour will provide you with breathtaking views of downtown Steamboat Springs as well as impressive views of the Steamboat Ski Area (weather depending).
Here are the details on how this works:
- Minimum of 5 guests per tour. Call us if you have less than the minimum as there may be others wanting to go. We will merge groups to match the 5 minimum.
- We pick up guests anywhere in Steamboat and drop off after the tour.
- Lunch and dinner are included and hosted in our cozy mid-mountain cabin (see images in slideshow of cabin, cats and views).
- Lunch consists of a sandwich, chips and dessert from Backcountry Provisions.
- Dinner is catered by the Steamboat Meat and Seafood Company and is a 3-course meal with soup, entree and dessert.
- We will drive snowcats to several scenic overlooks during the tour for photography opportunities.
- Guests are encouraged to bring cameras.
- We will not be skiing or boarding during this tour.
- Guests should wear warm clothes and adequate shoes for walking on packed snow. Wearing ski clothing is not necessary.
Price and times for the tour are as follows:
- Lunch tour – 10:00 am till 2:00 pm, $150/guest or $1,500/cat (cat holds 12 guests)
- Moonlight Dinner tour – 4:00 pm – 9:00pm, $175/guest or $1,750/cat (cat holds 12 guests)