27 Apr 2016, Posted by Master of Chaos in Blog, No Comments.
Though our snowcats have been put to bed since the early part of the month, Mother Nature isn’t giving up and as she continues to bring us full blown winter. Here in NW Colorado we are getting hammered by another round of snow with over a foot falling up in the mountains the past couple days. It’s looking like this storm is going to keep giving into the weekend. We are heading up on the pass tomorrow to do some road work and might as well make some turns. Right?
Amazing how fast this season went by. Just like that, our daily adventures in cat skiing on Buffalo Pass have come and gone and this 33rd annual pilgrimage to the powder is now complete.
Boy what a season it was. With over 100-inches falling during the months of December, January and most importantly in March, Mother Nature crushed us with dreamlike powder conditions on many days. February, with only 36-inches total for the month was one to forget, so we’ll remember days like December 21st, Jan 18th and March 30th where 15” or more snow dropped from the heavens. We’ll remember the 7 days in mid January where we saw 5 feet fall and the glorious day in March when Dave Genchi came back to visit.
From a business standpoint, we witnessed our most skier days ever this season. We thank each and every one of you for taking the time and visiting, bringing your friends and family and engaging with our crew to make the best of your day.
With eyes now onto next season, we wanted to get this out so you understand the rules of the game for booking next seasons powder party.
- Return guests now have first right of refusal for the same day of week and same number of seats they had during this past, 2015-16 season. For instance, if you came on Wednesday, February 3, 2016 then you’ll have the opportunity to re-book Wednesday, February 1, 2017 for this coming season. Please notify us from now till May 31st, 2016 if you wish to pick up the same day and number of seats from last season.
- On June 1st, anyone (past guests looking for a new date or even first timers) can establish a booking on our calendar with a credit card deposit. We will not run these deposits till August 1st.
- Our owners give us their dates on July 15th and they have first right to any date. They typically book the same dates every year but they do have a 2-day trip (a Friday and Saturday) where they book all our cat space for those days. This trip moves every year based on schedules but is typically sometime from last week in Jan to last week in Feb. We apologize in advance if your date needs to be moved due to these bookings. We will notify you immediately when/if your date needs to be shifted. If you don’t hear from us by July 15th then you are all set.
- We will then be finalizing all reservations on August 1st with the traditional 50% non-refundable deposit.
- Our calendar for the 2016/17 season is now available for you to view online here.
If you have any questions or wish to place next season’s reservations, please email us at info@steamboatpowdercats or call us at 970-879-5188.
Thanks again for the great season, be safe and enjoy every moment.
Keeping if fresh,
The Steamboat Powdercats crew