For the 20/21 season, the Steamboat Powdercats Maintenance Team is looking for a new team member!
We’re offering an exciting position with the country’s leading snowcat ski operation for the 20’-21’ season and beyond. This position runs from November through March, during which time we utilize three custom snowcats and passenger carriers to transport up to 36 guests per day into the backcountry of the Buffalo Pass area. We are seeking a motivated, personable, hard-working individual to join our Maintenance Team. The successful applicant will be an integral part of our operation, assisting with backcountry snow road construction, snowcat, and snowmobile troubleshooting, and repairs to other machinery, equipment, and facilities.
This position will work closely with our Head of Maintenance to keep machines and infrastructure in sound working order.
$15-$25/hr depending on experience. End of season bonus, gear and wellness stipend as well as profit sharing after the first season. And powder! This crew member will also get the chance to jump on a backcountry snowcat tour when availability and schedule allows.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by individuals within this job. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Seasonal set-up and take-down of equipment and facilities
- Assisting with the maintenance and troubleshooting of snowcats (Prinoth, BR 350)
- Assisting with the maintenance and troubleshooting of snowmobiles
- Assisting with the maintenance and troubleshooting of all other company equipment and properties
- Parts ordering and errand running
- Guest and client care. Shuttling non-motorized tours to their start points.
- Working with guides to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Snow clearing/shoveling
- Snowcat and snowmobile operating
- Working on Buffalo Pass maintaining snow roads
Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must also maintain a valid driver’s license which meets company established driving guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have previous maintenance and/or snowcat operation experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of a wide range of mechanical processes
- Must have competent skills using a variety of tools in a variety of different applications
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Knowledge and operation of snowcats and/or heavy equipment
- Knowledge and operation of snowmobiles
- Knowledge of basic handyman skills from carpentry to electrical
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and task-driven
The physical/environmental demands of this job can be taxing and decent to good physical fitness is key for success.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill repair/maintenance tasks
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs
- May be subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids
- May be subject to cold temperatures for an undefined amount of time
- Must be able to work long days in the aforementioned cold, sometimes harsh environment
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing, and solid visual ability
For more information or to apply please contact Eric Deering. (970) 819-1919 firstname.lastname@example.org