Our Backcountry 101 clinic is a full day experience, designed to build a solid foundation of winter backcountry skills. Our knowledgeable guide and instructor will be your mentor for the day, passing on tips, tricks and detailed information that will help you get more comfortable in the backcountry.
This is not an avalanche course, but a complement to one. Backcountry 101 will focus more on the the techniques and tricks for maximizing your gear, the ski-to-skin transition, uphill hiking strategies, and more. Our goal is to help you skip the ‘school of hard knocks’ by giving you plenty of tips to plan and execute your own safe, backcountry ski tour.
Dates and rates for the 2023/24 Season:
– Stay tuned as we have yet to publish the dates of these courses.
A minimum of 3 guests is needed to make this clinic happen, with a maximum of 8 in the group. This is not a private clinic.
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
WHATS INCLUDED IN OUR BACKCOUNTRY 101?
- Breakfast, lunch, and trail snacks
- Transportation to and from our office
- Beacon, shovel, probe as first come first serve. We encourage you to use your own rescue gear for this clinic.
- 1-2 instructors based on the number of participants
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN OUR BACKCOUNTRY 101?
- Backpack and personal gear
CLICK HERE for our recommended BACKCOUNTRY 101 gear list