On our adventures, safety systems are in place in order to manage the risk involved when leading groups and operating big machines in snowy mountain environments.
Our staff participates in annual training programs that cover the implementation of our operation and rescue systems. We also conduct stringent reviews of our medical and evacuation procedures and our guides participate in incident simulations.
All of our guides are certified in Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC).
In addition to their medical and technical qualifications, all guides possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Many of our guides have been with Steamboat Powdercats a decade or more.
Our guides are all certified:
- Outdoor Emergency Care
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Members of the National Ski Patrol (NSP)
- snow safety training is conducted on an annual basis by an AIARE qualified instructor.
Comfort and Steamboat Powdercats go hand in hand
Comfort is an integral part of your adventure. We direct our efforts to maximize your comfort and enjoyment through careful attention to detail.
- Our snowcats are heated, spacious and have audio systems with XM and I-Pod capabilities.
- Our beautiful mid-mountain cabin features, rustic log furniture, a propane fireplace and a heated indoor restroom for your comfort
- Our office is spacious and conveniently located at the base of the Steamboat Ski Resort for quick access to and from your lodging.
- On your trip, we provide you with complimentary Armada powder skis and Never Summer snowboards, as well as water and a full-catered hot lunch, light breakfast, snacks, DTS-Tracker beacon and an image disk from your day skiing with us.
- Medical and safety equipment are provided for on all snowcats.
- There will always be 3 guides along with you on your cat.
- We carry A.E.D.’s in our passenger cats.