Cat Skiing Colorado
Cat skiing – Colorado style with Steamboat Powdercats is a special experience, one that may reward you with the best day of skiing or snowboarding in your life. Though Mother Nature holds the cards to how powder rich your cat skiing day with us will be, we’ve put together a system with our guides, our snowcats and business infrastructure that should provide you with an excellent day in the Steamboat backcountry.
A day cat skiing with us will include:
- 8 – 16 runs
- 8,000 – 14,000 vertical feet per day
- 3 guides per snowcat
- Complimentary Armada powder skis and Never Summer snowboards
- Powder Poles
- Beacon, shovel, probes
- Shuttle service to and from your lodging
- Light breakfast and full, catered hot lunch
- Water and snacks in cat
- XM radio and ipod connections in cat
- Image disk of digital images of you (and your friends) skiing in powder. Please realize there are rare circumstances when the photographer cannot make it to photograph a certain cat. We recommend you bring your own camera in the event the photographer is not able to get images of your group on that particular day.
- Apres ski party at office while we watch the images at the end of the day.
Our 3 heated cats allow us to group our guests by skiing ability so everyone is at their comfortable level. Our terrain, located on Buffalo Pass Colorado, is conveniently located just 25-min from downtown Steamboat Springs, so we are typically cat skiing by 9:15 am. The skiing terrain is matched to the ability level of the group so it’s very important to figure out what snowcat you should be on.
Buffalo Pass, our point of operations, annually records some of the deepest snow depths in Colorado. In May of 2011, Buffalo Pass had the deepest snowpack levels ever recorded in Colorado’s history. Read about this here. The cold, dry and stormy weather in Steamboat Springs makes for localized orographic uplifting conditions that provide us with extraordinary snow.
Combine this snow with terrain that is perfectly matched for all ability levels, then you can understand why we are Steamboat Springs and Northern West Colorado’s only snowcat or heli skiing service and have been operating snowcats and guiding powder skiing tours on Buffalo Pass since 1983.
Also, did we mention that Buffalo Pass arguably receives Colorado’s deepest annual snowpack. Oh yea!
Call us today at 1-800-288-0543 to book a trip today.
Watch the video below and you’ll understand why you should call us to book your trip now!