Cat Skiing Colorado
Cat skiing, Colorado style, with Steamboat Powdercats is a special experience, one that may reward you with the best day of skiing or snowboarding in your life. Though Mother Nature holds the cards to how powder rich your cat skiing day with us will be, we’ve put together a system with our guides, our snowcats and business infrastructure that should provide you with an excellent day in the Steamboat backcountry.
A day cat skiing with us will include:
- 8 – 16 runs
- 8,000 – 14,000 vertical feet per day
- 3 guides per snowcat
- Complimentary Armada powder skis and Never Summer snowboards
- Powder poles
- BCA Tracker 2 avalanche beacon, shovel, probe
- Shuttle service to and from your lodging
- Light breakfast and full, catered lunch
- Water and snacks in cat
- Radio and ipod/phone connections, chargers in cats
- Images of you and your friends on our trip from our photographer. Check out Photo’s Page to view and download images and order lots of wall art goodies. Please realize there are rare circumstances when the photographer cannot make it to photograph a certain cat so we can’t guarantee this. We recommend you bring your own camera in the event the photographer is not able to get images of your group on that particular day.
- Apres ski party at office while we watch the images at the end of the day
Our 3 heated cats allow us to group our guests by skiing ability so everyone is at their comfortable level. Our terrain, located on Buffalo Pass Colorado, is conveniently located just 25-min from downtown Steamboat Springs, so we are typically on snow by 9:15 am. We look to match terrain to your ability level and that of the group so it’s very important to figure out what snowcat you should be on.
Buffalo Pass, our point of operations, annually records some of the deepest snow depths in Colorado. In May of 2011, Buffalo Pass actually had the deepest snowpack levels ever recorded in Colorado’s history. Read about this here. The cold, dry and stormy weather in Steamboat Springs makes for localized orographic uplifting conditions that provide us with, at time, extraordinary snow quantity and quality.
Call us today at 1-800-288-0543 to book a trip today.
Watch the video below and you’ll understand why you should call us to book your trip now!