Mountain Bike Tours in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Powdercats offers custom guided mountain bike tours on Emerald Mountain in downtown Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The tours cater to beginners and advanced riders, providing a unique experience that educates and advances mountain biking skills while showcasing the amazing views and trail system of Emerald Mountain.
The tours are private and customized to each group, ensuring that riders are matched to their ability level and goals. Our experienced guides will work with you to plan the tour, enhance your skills, and educate you on mountain biking in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The tours are ideal for solo riders, families, and anyone looking to explore the trails on Emerald Mountain.
Basic bike handling skills and moderate fitness levels are required for the tour, and guests should expect to climb hills during the ride. We’ll customize your ride based on your group’s skill level, technical ability, and desired experience. Plus, we offer focused skills clinics to help you improve your skills and get the most out of your ride.
Rates for the 2023 Summer Season:
$400 for 1 person
$600 for 2 people ($300/person)
$700 for 3 people ($233.33/person)
$800 for 4 people ($200/person)
Private Tours Only
Meeting times based on your needs and expected weather during the day
Tours include your experienced guide, mountain bike coaching, a custom tour plan, trail snacks, a suggested packing list, and ice-cold, post-trip beverages.
You’ll need to provide your own mountain bike, helmet, water system. We will provide you with a list of rental companies here in Steamboat Springs upon booking your tour with us. Expect an additional $50 to $85 per person for a bike/helmet rental.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Pre and post tour planning, logistics, and suggested gear list
- A friendly, knowledgeable, medically trained and experienced mountain bike guide who carries a medical kit and mechanical tools on every tour.
- Mountain bike skill coaching and instruction
- A custom tour plan catered to you and your group’s fitness, mountain biking ability levels, and other tour desiers.
- Trail snack – Bar-U-Eat granola bar and Honey Stinger Chews
- Ice cold post tour beverage – locally brewed beer and non-alcoholic options
What’s not included:
- A mountain bike. We will provide you with a list of local Steamboat Springs bike shops where you will rent your bike from. Typical rental costs for a day are $50-$75 and will include helmet rental.
- Helmet. When you rent a mountain bike, all of the shops we recommend will include a helmet in your rental. If you have your own helmet, bring it
- Water systems. If you have your own water bladder and pack, be it a Camel Back style or hip belt with a water bottle holder, this would be a good option to bring along. You can also bring a water bottle and put it in a small backpack of your own.
- Transportation to and from the trailhead. We will meet at a pre-determined and identified location that your guide will direct you to. With advance notice, we will work with you to arrange transportation.
Is there a minimum age requirement:
- Not really, but kids 6 and under may want to stick to the amazing Yampa Valley Core trail that is paved, flat, and meanders along the Yampa River right in downtown Steamboat Springs.
What to wear and bring along on the tour:
- Active-wear with layers to match the weather
- Tennis shoes or bike shoes if you have your own
- Bike shorts or regular shorts if you don’t have padded bike shorts
- Non-cotton shirt
- Extra layer depending on the season
- Lightweight windbreaker or raincoat depending on the weather.
- Water (bike bottle, camelback, or small pack with a water bottle)
- Lip balm
- Any additional gear or snacks
How long are these tours and when do they meet:
- These are custom tours and we will work with you to plan and satisfy your goals within a 4-hour timeframe. Pricing is the same if we are with you for 1 hour or 4 hours, depending on your availability, fitness, and skill set.
- Each tour is custom. We will work with your schedule to determine your tour meeting time. We do suggest morning rides as temperatures in the afternoon, especially come July and August can get hot. Your guide will work this out with you independently.
Where will we be taking you:
- Our tours are run exclusively on Emerald Mountain in downtown Steamboat Springs. There are over 50 trails of a variety of ability levels and 60+ miles of trails for us to create your custom tour plan.
How do you place a reservation and what are the booking procedures and cancelation policies:
- Use our Online Booking System here to place a reservation and review tour availability.
- Once complete, our reservation system will send you a confirmation email outlining many details. At least 24-hours in advance, your guide will contact you via email or phone (970-879-5188) to further discuss tour details and create a custom tour plan with you.
- Upon booking a tour, we require a 50% non-refundable deposit
- Final payment is due 7 days prior to your tour date and once charged, the entire fee is non-refundable.
- If Steamboat Powdercats has to cancel your tour in advance for weather or any unforeseen reason, we will do our best to reschedule your date first, and if we cannot reschedule the tour, we will refund your deposit and the final payment in full, minus a 10% booking fee.
- Any tour cancellations such as weather or other unforeseen events, will be determined by the guide or SPC staff. Refunds and/or discounts will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- If your guide has to cancel your tour once the tour is underway due to bad weather, our office has the ability to provide a discount if circumstances warrant such.
- Each participant will be required to fill out a liability, participant release form. Forms will be provided to you on the day of your tour.
- There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment and researching plans that cover pre-existing conditions and/or have a “Cancel for any Reason” clause.
Explore your world by doing something new and different
You know you love breathing hard and staying fit
WORTH EVERY MOMENT
Reap the benefits of enjoying the trails with your friends and family