Snowcat Skiing season is now scheduled to open January 1.

After much deliberation, we at Steamboat Powdercats are postponing our snowcat skiing opening day to January 1.   In December, we will still be offering our non-motorized backcountry ski tours and avalanche course’s on select dates, pending more snow. You can review our booking calendar here for availability. 

Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Routt County, and beyond, coupled with a snowpack that is currently very thin on Buffalo Pass, we believe it best to bump our snowcat skiing opening by two weeks.  This will provide us some time to see how the snow piles up and how our local, regional, and national community rebounds from the recent rise in COVID-19 cases.  
Normally at this time of year, we would have our snowcats out and about, building and preparing the snow roads that our USFS permit allows us to create. The investment in building these roads cannot start until we have a certain amount of snow on the ground, as well as, a level of confidence that we won’t be shut down with near-future travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
We are thankful for your patience and understanding of this decision.
Be well, and keep praying for powder and the health of each other.
Your friends at SPC